Nios class 12th home science most important question with answer English mediumTeam Manish Verma
Q 1- Most infections in our body occur through hands. Identify two such sources of transmission of germs.
- Touching contaminated surfaces:
- Direct contact with infected individuals
Q 2- What should be the two ethical behaviours of a lawyer?
Q 3- List any two symptoms of people infected with HIV.
- Flu-like symptoms
- Opportunistic infections
Q 4- Suggest any two exercises for your grandfather who is suffering from hypertension.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama
Q 5- State any two wage employment opportunities available to you, after class XII.
- Administrative assistant
- Retail sales associate
☞ Nios कक्षा 12 वीं,गृह विज्ञान के महत्वपूर्ण प्रश्न उत्तर के लिए: – क्लिक करें!
Q 6- Home Science equips you to become a good consumer. Justify statement with two appropriate examples.
- Understanding food labelling: Home Science education can teach individuals how to read and interpret food labels, which can help them make informed decisions about the products they purchase and consume.
- Evaluating fabric quality: Home Science education can also teach individuals how to evaluate the quality of fabrics and textiles, which can help them make better purchasing decisions when it comes to clothing and home textiles.
Q 7- Youth during adolescence are very moody and irritable. What could be two possible causes for this?
Physical development: – Rapid physical changes are seen in adolescence. Adolescents increase in height and weight and shoulders become broad and hair grows on the body. The qualities of masculinity and femininity start appearing in boys and girls respectively.
Mental and intellectual development: – In this stage, mental development also happens at a rapid pace and almost every area of the brain is fully developed. In adolescence, a person starts showing deep thinking for reasoning, thinking and solving problems.
Q 8- What do you understand by a standardized products? Which standard marks each would you check while buying electrical equipments and fruit juices?
Answer – Standard Products: The Bureau of Indian Standards gives certificates on products for their ingredients, method of production, labelling, packing, storage and sale. The Bureau of Indian Standards keeps inspecting the marked products for quality control. The Act also prohibits the wrongful use of a mark.
Electrical Appliances: ISI Mark
When buying fruit juice: FPO mark
Q 9- On what basis will you sort your clothes before washing them?
- It is necessary to wash white and colored clothes separately so that color does not get on white clothes.
- Similarly, it is necessary to wash silk, wool and cotton clothes by different methods.
- It is advisable to wash heavily soiled clothes like duster etc. separately.
Q 10 – Which two features each would you check while selecting clothes for infant and school going children?
While buying baby clothes, check the following features:-
- Clothes should be loose and comfortable.
- The baby’s clothes should be of cotton, not silk or nylon.
While buying school kids clothes, check the following features:-
- Buy wrinkle-resistant clothes for babies.
- The clothes of school going children should not be too long.
Nios class 12th home science to watch full video of this subject – CLICK HERE
Q 11- Mention four areas in a hotel which are considered as public area.
- Entrance: The entrance is the public area in the hotel, which is generally open to the guests. It usually identifies the hotel and allows guests to enter the hotel.
- Dining area: Hotels usually have a dining area for dining, which is open to all guests. It is commonly known as the hotel’s restaurant and provides dining facilities to the guests.
- Auditorium: An auditorium is a public area in a hotel that is generally used for functions such as conferences, conventions or weddings.
- Swimming Pool: The swimming pool is also a public area in the hotel which is available for the relaxation and recreation of the guests.
Q 12- What is the positive impact of nuclear and joint families on children?
Positive effect of joint family on children-
Understanding and Self-Confidence: In a joint family, children are given a partner role which gives them an opportunity to share their thoughts and feelings and to be understood. It helps them develop a sense of humor and self-confidence.
More worldliness: In joint family children get more worldliness. It broadens their understanding by introducing them to different human and social situations.
Positive effect of nuclear family on children
Self-reliance: Children in a nuclear family get an opportunity for greater self-reliance. It enables them to make their own decisions and face problems.
Concentration: Children in a nuclear family get the opportunity for more concentration. This helps them to devote more time and attention to their own education and career goals.
Q 13- What is the role of floor supervisor in a hotel ?
Answer-The floor supervisor in a hotel is responsible for overseeing all the functioning of his/her floor. It is their job to handle the staff sitting on their floor and solve their problems. Floor supervisors are subordinate to staff who clean rooms, perform room service, or perform other floor-related tasks.
Following are some of the main duties of a floor supervisor:
- Monitoring cleaning and cleaning supplies
- Giving customers the right advice and information
- Supervising other workers such as room service workers or laundry staff
- Resolving customer complaints
- Training and monitoring floor staff
Q 14- In what two ways each burning test can help you identify cotton and wool fibres?
Identification of cotton fibers using burning
- Cotton clothes burn quickly.
- Light, friable dusty ash from cotton fabrics.
Identification of woolen fibers using burning
- Woolen clothes smell like burning hair.
- Ashes like small black pearls can be crushed by hands from a woolen cloth.
Q 15- What four precautions should you take while storing your woollens for a long time?
Answer –The following precautions should be taken while storing your woolen clothes for long periods of time.
- Use newspaper for storing woolen clothes. It doesn’t cause insects.
- Keeping dry neem leaves or naphthalene tablets or Odonil tablets in a box made of woolen clothes never kills insects.
- Woolen and warm clothes are enemies of moisture. Due to dampness, fungus occurs in woolen clothes, which are not visible but are very harmful for health.
- Woolen and warm clothes are very soft. They should be kept away from hot water. Washing in hot water runs the risk of the fabric shrinking. That’s why they should be washed with cold water only. However, lukewarm water can be used to wash heavily soiled clothes.
- Woolen clothes should never be pressed at that time; When it is completely dry. Always iron on a lightly damp woolen cloth.
Q 16- Give four suggestions to make a blind child become independent.
Answer – Tips to make a blind child self reliant
- Encourage them to realize that their disability does not make them a failure.
- Braille script plays the most important role in the education system of blind children. Blind children can read and write with this script.
- Blind children should be taught some handicraft and singing etc.
- Other members of the society should encourage the blind person for the fact that they are also equal like all other people so that they can develop self-reliance.
☞Nios class 12th political science most important question with answer : CLICK HERE
Q 17- Write four reasons to teach ethics and values to youth.
- Prepares them for the future
- Enhances decision-making skills
- Builds character
- Promotes social responsibility
Q 18- How will you maintain a polished wooden table?
- Remove stains quickly – If you accidentally get a stain on a polished wooden table, clean it as soon as possible.
- Protect from termites – Clean the wooden table from time to time so that it does not get termites and keep polishing paste resistance.
- Use clean water and a soft cloth – Use clean water and a soft cloth to clean the table. Do not apply excessive hand pressure so that you do not damage your table.
Q 19- Name a macronutrient and a micronutrient which help in the clotting of blood.
Answer – Macronutrients – Protein and micronutrients – Vitamin “K” both these elements are helpful in blood clotting.
Q 20- Price of gas cylinder has increased. Give any eight suggestions to home makers to conserve fuel.
- Light the gas only after keeping the utensil on the gas and turn off the gas before removing the utensil.
- Keep the vents of the gas stove clean and free from dust and oil.
- Use only a small stove for small utensils.
- Also turn off the regulator switch of the gas cylinder at night.
- Serve the food as soon as it is cooked so that it does not have to be reheated.
- Do not cook food in open utensils. Cut down on fuel by using a pressure cooker.
- Use pressure cooker separators or cans to cook more than one dish at the same time.
- Use copper bottomed or sandwich bottomed utensils which are more heat sensitive.
Q 21- Identify any eight factors that influence the growth and development of a child.
Answer – Although the terms growth and development are used synonymously, they have different meanings biologically. Growth refers to the incremental changes in physical characteristics such as height, weight, size, etc., while development refers to qualitative changes to growth in an orderly and meaningful fashion which results in maturity. Growth and development contribute to each other, are inseparable, and occur simultaneously. For example, most babies, by the time they grow up to be 8 months old, can weigh around 8 to 10 kilograms and can sit up.
There are many factors that can influence the growth and development of a child. Here are eight important ones:
Genetics: A child’s genetic makeup can have a significant impact on their physical and mental development. Genetic factors can determine things like height, weight, intelligence, and personality traits.
Nutrition: Proper nutrition is essential for a child’s growth and development. A lack of key nutrients, such as protein, vitamins, and minerals, can lead to stunted growth and dvelopmental delays.
Environment: The environment in which a child grows up can have a significant impact on their development. Factors like air quality, noise levels, and exposure to toxins can all impact a child’s physical and mental health.
Parenting style: The way that parents raise their children can have a profound impact on their development. Parents who are warm, nurturing, and responsive tend to have children who are more confident, resilient, and successful.
Social interaction: Social interaction is critical for a child’s cognitive, emotional, and social development. Children who have positive social interactions with peers and adults tend to have better outcomes than those who are socially isolated.
Education: Education is important for a child’s cognitive development and future success. Children who have access to high-quality education tend to have better outcomes than those who do not.
Physical activity: Regular physical activity is important for a child’s physical and mental health. Children who are active tend to have better outcomes in terms of physical health, academic performance, and emotional well-being.
Medical care: Access to quality medical care is critical for a child’s health and development. Regular check-ups, vaccinations, and early intervention for health issues can all help ensure that a child grows and develops properly.
☞Nios class 12th home science to watch full video of this subject- CLICK HERE
Q 22- What four points would you check while buying suitable material for a flower arrangement for your room.
Answer – Flower arrangement is such an art which not only enhances the beauty of the house but also creates a pleasant, vibrant and fragrant atmosphere. A bouquet of colorful flowers can create positive energy by brightening up any dreary place. The wet fragrance of these flowers uplifts your mood within minutes and fills you with freshness and energy.
Material for flower–decoration- First of all you will need material like vase, pin holder, fresh or artificial flowers, green leaves, dry twigs etc.
Things to keep in mind while buying material for flower decoration –
- Choose the right vase or container: Select a container that complements the size and shape of the flowers you want to arrange. The vase or container should also match the style and décor of the room where you plan to place it.
- Start with the foliage: Begin by placing foliage in the vase or container to create a base for the flowers. This will also help to create structure and shape for the arrangement.
- Use odd numbers: Odd numbers of flowers create a more pleasing and balanced arrangement. Try using three, five, or seven flowers of the same type in your arrangement.
- Mix colors and textures: Use a variety of flowers in different colors and textures to create an interesting and visually appealing arrangement.
- Don’t overcrowd the vase: Leave enough space between the flowers so that each one has room to breathe and can be seen individually.
Q 23- How will you change a 3-pin plug?
The steps to change a 3-pin plug:
- Loosen the screw in the center of the plug.
- Use a sharp knife or blade to pry off the plastic on the wires.
- Install the new plug, screwing the positive into one screw and the negative into the other parallel screw.
- Later, it must be checked that the positive and negative wires do not touch each other.
- Insert the neutral wire into the bottom screw and tighten it.
- Fix the main screw by putting the cover.
Q 24- Enumerate four ill-consequences of teenage pregnancy.
Answer – Here are four ill-consequences of teenage pregnancy:
- Health Risks: Teenage pregnancy can pose serious health risks for both the mother and the child. Teens are more likely to experience complications during pregnancy, such as preterm labor, preeclampsia, and low birth weight. The baby may also have a higher risk of health problems or developmental delays.
- Social and Economic Challenges: Teenage pregnancy can also create social and economic challenges for both the mother and the child. Teen mothers are more likely to drop out of school, limiting their opportunities for future education and employment. Teen parents may also face financial hardships, as they often lack the resources to provide for their child’s needs.
- Mental Health Issues: Teenage pregnancy can increase the risk of mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety, for both the mother and the child. Teen mothers may experience stigma, isolation, and feelings of guilt or shame, which can impact their emotional wellbeing. Children of teen parents may also experience emotional and behavioural issues as they grow up.
- Inter-generational Cycle: Teenage pregnancy can perpetuate an inter-generational cycle of poverty, poor health outcomes, and limited opportunities. Teen parents may lack the skills and resources to provide their child with a healthy and supportive environment, which can impact the child’s development and future prospects. The child may also be more likely to become a teen parent themselves, continuing the cycle of teenage pregnancy and its associated challenges.
Q 25 – What are the four drawbacks if family members do not maintain a record of their household expenses?
Answer – Here are four drawbacks if family members do not maintain a record of their household expenses:
- Difficulty in Budgeting: Without a record of household expenses, it becomes challenging to create a budget and track spending. This can lead to overspending, not having enough money for essential expenses, and ultimately financial stress.
- Unable to Identify Unnecessary Expenses: Without a record of expenses, it can be challenging to identify unnecessary expenses or areas where you can cut back on spending. This can lead to wasteful spending and a lack of savings.
- Inability to Plan for Future Expenses: Not maintaining a record of household expenses makes it difficult to plan for future expenses, such as saving for a down payment on a house, college education, or emergency funds. This can lead to financial instability and unexpected financial strain.
- Difficulty in Filing Taxes: Without a record of expenses, it can be difficult to accurately file taxes and claim tax deductions, which can result in missed deductions, penalties, or even audits. Keeping a recordof household expenses can help simplify the tax filing process and potentially save money on taxes.
Q 26- Suggest four ways to save your energy while working in the kitchen.
Answer – Four ways to save energy while working in the kitchen:
- Use Energy-Efficient Appliances: Invest in energy-efficient appliances, such as a refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, and microwave. These appliances use less energy and can help reduce your energy bills in the long run.
- Cook Multiple Dishes at Once: If you need to use the oven, try to cook multiple dishes at once to save energy. This will reduce the amount of time the oven is on and can help you save energy and time.
- Use a Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker: Pressure cookers and slow cookers are energy-efficient and can save energy by using less electricity than a traditional oven or stove. Additionally, these appliances can help you save time and effort in the kitchen.
- Use the Right Size Cookware: Use the right size cookware for the job. Using a large pot on a small burner or stove can waste energy and result in uneven cooking. Using the appropriate size cookware can help you save energy and time while cooking.
Q 27- Plan a vaccination schedule for a child from one to sixteen years of age.
Answer – In our country, children up to 15 years of age and pregnant women are given vaccines against deadly diseases under the National Immunization Program.
|Immunizations for ages one to sixteen|
|At 11/2 months of age||C.G vaccine of|
First hepatitis B vaccine
First shot of D.P.T
First dose of polio
|At 21/2 months of age||D.P.T. second comment on|
Hepatitis B II Vaccine
second dose of polio
|At the age of 31/2 months||D.P.T. Third Commentary of|
Hepatitis B III Vaccine
third dose of polio
|At 9-12 months of age||measles vaccine|
|At the age of 5-6 years||Vaccine of D.P.T.|
|At the age of 10-16 years||T.T vaccine of|
Q 28- Suggest eight ways a homemaker can simplify her household chores.
Eight ways to do household chores easily
- Along with washing dishes in the dishwasher of the house, wash children’s toys and other plastic items as well. This will save time spent on other laundry chores.
- Sprinkle baking soda on carpets, upholstered furniture, and mattresses and leave for 15 minutes. After this run the vacuum cleaner.
- Sleep after settling small household chores before sleeping. Especially by giving a few minutes, finish the kitchen work. This will reduce the work for the next day and the kitchen will also be clean after waking up in the morning.
- Cover the wings of your house with old pillow covers after the summer is over. Due to this, dust will not accumulate in them and old pillow covers will also be used.
- Clean the dustbin of your kitchen with lemon peels, it will be cleaned well and the smell will also be less.
- Along with the house, women should also clean their purses. Purse is used daily, but hardly anyone pays attention to its cleanliness. Women’s bags often contain fecal bacteria. In such a situation, it is very important to clean the bag with disinfectant wipes after giving it five minutes.
- If you have a lint roller in the house, then clean every small space with it. With its help, your work will be done quickly.
- Pour some cleaning solution into an old sock and run to remove dirty spots on the dashboard. See how your wardrobe will shine without any effort.
☞ Nios कक्षा 12 वीं,गृह विज्ञान के महत्वपूर्ण प्रश्न उत्तर के लिए: – क्लिक करें!
Q 29 – Meal planning is influenced by region and religion of families. Support this statement with the help of two examples of each.
Ans. Yes, meal planning is indeed influenced by the region and religion of families. Here are two examples for each:
- In coastal regions where seafood is readily available, meals tend to include fish and other seafood as a primary ingredient. For example, in Kerala, a state in India, many meals are centered around seafood, with dishes like fish curry, prawn fry, and crab roast being popular.
- In regions with cold climates, warm, hearty meals are more common. For instance, in Scandinavia, traditional meals include hearty stews, soups, and casseroles that are perfect for cold weather.
- In Islam, there are certain dietary restrictions that followers must adhere to, such as not consuming pork or alcohol. As a result, Muslim families tend to plan meals around halal meat, which is meat that has been prepared in accordance with Islamic law. For example, dishes like biryani, kebabs, and falafel are popular in Muslim households.
- In Hinduism, many people follow a vegetarian or lacto-vegetarian diet due to beliefs about non-violence and purity. This can impact meal planning for Hindu families, who may need to ensure that their meals do not include meat or certain animal products.
Nios class 12th home science to watch full video of this subject –CLICK HERE
Q 30 – Sequence the steps you would adopt while spring cleaning your bedroom.
Answer – Annual cleaning, which is done only once a year, is necessary for several reasons. It is a tradition in our country to do this type of cleaning on the occasion of Diwali. It is also good because Diwali falls at the beginning of winter after the rains. At this time there can be maximum number of insects and fungi etc. On this occasion, all the household items are taken out and kept dusted and cleaned.
- Remove curtains and drapes etc. from the room.
- Remove all removable items like lampshades, pictures, wall hangings etc. Wipe them clean.
- If necessary, remove all furniture and furnishings from the room. At least remove the carpet etc. Clean the cobwebs.
- Sweep the floor.
- Polish the furniture, decorative items and floors.
- Put furniture and other items back in their designated places.
- Give your home a new look by rearranging heavy furniture, if needed
- wipe after sweeping
- Close the windows and survey the room to satisfy yourself.
Q 31- Mention four characteristics of sixteen-year old girls.
Introduction – It is important to note that each individual is unique, and characteristics can vary depending on a range of factors such as upbringing, environment, and personality. However, here are some common characteristics that may be observed in sixteen-year-old girls.
Characteristics of Sixteen-Year-Old Girls
- Emotional Turmoil: Sixteen-year-old girls may experience emotional turmoil as they navigate the challenges of adolescence. Hormonal changes, social pressure, and academic stress can all contribute to emotional ups and downs.
- Developing Independence: Sixteen-year-old girls may be developing a greater sense of independence and autonomy. They may seek more freedom to make their own choices and decisions.
- Social Awareness: Sixteen-year-old girls may be highly attuned to social dynamics and relationships. They may be preoccupied with friendships, romance, and social status.
- Exploring Identity: Sixteen-year-old girls may be exploring their identity and figuring out who they are and who they want to be. They may experiment with different styles, interests, and hobbies as they try to establish a sense of self.
Q 32 – “A child’s development is influenced by his home environment.” Support this statement with the help of four examples.
Answer – The home environment can affect a child’s physical health, emotional well-being, cognitive development, and social skills. Children who grow up in supportive and nurturing home environments tend to do better in all of these areas, while children who grow up in unstable or stressful home environments may face challenges.
Here are some of the ways in which a child’s development can be affected by his home environment:
- Physical health: A child’s physical health can be affected by the quality of the home environment, including factors such as cleanliness, safety, and access to nutritious food. Children who grow up in dirty or unsafe homes may be at higher risk of illness or injury. Additionally, children who do not have access to nutritious food may be at risk of malnutrition and other health problems.
- Emotional well-being: A child’s emotional well-being can be affected by the quality of the parent-child relationship, the level of parental support, and the presence of stress and conflict in the home. Children who grow up in homes with high levels of stress and conflict may be at higher risk for emotional problems such as anxiety and depression.
- Cognitive development: A child’s cognitive development can be affected by the quality and quantity of stimulation and interaction in the home environment. Children who grow up in homes with rich and varied experiences and learning opportunities develop stronger cognitive skills.
- Social skills: A child’s social skills can be affected by the quality and quantity of social interaction and support in the home environment. Children who grow up in homes with supportive and nurturing relationships tend to develop stronger social skills and better relationships with others.
Q 33 – Suggest eight ways by which you can make best use of space in your one-room house.
Answer – Tips to make the best use of the space in a one room house
- Multi-purpose furniture: Invest in multi-purpose furniture, such as a sofa bed or a table that can also serve as a desk. This will help you save space and make the most of your limited square footage.
- Wall-mounted shelves: Use wall-mounted shelves to store books, decorative items, and other small items. This will help you save floor space and make your room look more organized.
- Under-bed storage: Utilize the space under your bed by investing in storage containers that can fit under the bed. You can store extra bedding, clothing, or other items that you don’t use frequently.
- Closet organizers: Use closet organizers to maximize the storage space in your closet. You can install hanging organizers, shoe racks, and storage bins to make the most of your closet space.
- Foldable furniture: Choose foldable furniture, such as a folding table or a folding chair, that can be easily stored away when not in use.
- Vertical storage: Use the vertical space in your room by installing wall-mounted organizers, such as hooks or pegboards. This will help you keep your items organized and save floor space.
- Use mirrors: Mirrors can make a small room look larger by reflecting light and creating the illusion of more space. Use mirrors on walls or closet doors to create this effect.
- Keep it clutter-free: Finally, keep your one-room house clutter-free by regularly decluttering and organizing your items. This will help you maintain a sense of order and spaciousness in your small living space.
Q 34 – Write the steps of transferring design on fabrics by using butter paper.
Answer – Transferring a design onto fabric using butter paper is a simple process that can be done by following these steps:
- Print the design on butter paper. It is easily available in the market.
- Make close holes along the lines of the design with the help of a sharp pin or needle. You can also make holes along these lines with a non-thread sewing machine.
- Fix the tracing on the cloth with the help of simple pins at the place where the design is to be made on the cloth.
- Mix a little amount of indigo in kerosene oil. Do not make this mixture very thin.
- Dip a cotton ball in this mixture and move it around the holes of the design.
- Carefully remove the tracing paper and blow off the excess powder from the cloth.
Q 35 – Young children often demonstrate inappropriate behaviours. Analyze any four causes of these. Give four suggestions to help these children.
Answer – Four Reasons for Inappropriate Behavior Display in Children
- When children live in such an environment where they do not have the freedom to express themselves, then they start behaving like this.
- When children learn that unfair treatment is the only way to get what they want. For example, a child learns that parents pay attention to him when he hits his younger siblings or that he rolls on the ground crying when he gets the toy he wants.
- Even when the family environment deteriorates, children start behaving inappropriately. For example, when parents quarrel or fight with each other or when their mother and grandmother do not get along.
- Even when children are not physically able, they start showing inappropriate behavior. This happens when they have woken up from a prolonged illness or fall ill frequently.
Tips for Correcting Misbehavior in Children
- Handle with love- If one’s child has a behavior problem, handle them with love. In such a situation, do not talk to the children in such a way that their behavior gets worse.
- Don’t overreact – Don’t overreact or get overly angry about what a child with a behavior problem says. This can have a bad effect on their mental state. This can make the situation worse instead of improving the behavior.
- Avoid raising hands- Many parents start fighting when the child misbehaves, which is wrong. This can create animosity in the child’s mind towards their parents, which can lead to their bad behaviour. Therefore, when the child misbehaves, they should be understood with love.
- Reward- If the child does something good, reward him to encourage him. This will reduce the distance between him and you. With this, his faith in you will grow stronger.
Q 36 – How will you repair a leaking tap at home?
Answer – Repair a leaking tap at home
- First stop the water supply by turning the main off.
- Unscrew the hand wheel.
- Remove the hanger. For this you will have to use two wrenches, one to hold the lower part of the body and with another, unscrew the headgear. You may use a padded wrench for the lower part to avoid scratches.
- Once the headgear is removed, you can access the stem holding the washer. Take it out. Remove the washer.
- Replace the old washer with the new one and place the stem back.
- Close the tap, fixing the headgear in place and then the hand-wheel.
Q 37 – Explain the procedure of making button-hole stitch to your friend.
Answer – How to make Button-hole stitch
- The most common identification of this stitch is the opening into which the button of a shirt is closed.
- The edge of that opening is finished using a stitch known as the button hole stitch. It is worked from left to right.
- Bring the needle up through the fabric. Holding the thread under the left thumb, form a loop; then pass the needle through the fabric and over the looped thread; repeat.
- These stitches are made very close to each other. This stitch may be used for filling an area or finishing edges and specially the edges in a patch work.
Q 38 – Your sister has given birth to a baby girl. To guide your sister, prepare an immunization schedule for her first year.
First year immunization schedule
|Birth||B.C.G., O.P.V., Hepatitis V, H.P.V.|
|six weeks||D.P.T., O.P.V., H.I.B. pneumococcal hepatitis b|
|ten weeks||D.P.T., O.P.V. Hepatitis B, H.I.B., Pneumococcal, I.P.V.|
|fourteen weeks||O.P.V., D.P.T., Hepatitis B, H.I.B., Pneumococcal, I.P.V.|
|six months||Rotavirus, influenza, H.P.V.|
Q 39 – Eight years old Vinay’s mother does not let him play with other children in the park. Tell her the importance of friends with four reasons.
Introduction – It is understandable that as a parent, Vinay’s mother wants to protect him and keep him safe. However, playing with other children in the park can have many benefits for Vinay. Here are four reasons why friends are important:
- Social development: Playing with other children helps Vinay develop his social skills, such as communication, cooperation, and sharing. These skills will be important for him throughout his life.
- Emotional well-being: Having friends can boost Vinay’s self-esteem and confidence, as well as provide emotional support during difficult times.
- Physical activity: Playing with other children in the park can provide Vinay with an opportunity to engage in physical activities, such as running, jumping, and playing ball, which are important for his physical health and development.
- Cognitive development: Playing with other children can also help Vinay develop his cognitive skills, such as problem-solving and critical thinking. These skills will be important for his academic success in the future.
Therefore, it is important for Vinay’s mother to reconsider her decision and allow him to play with other children in the park. However, it is also important for Vinay to be supervised and for appropriate safety measures to be taken to ensure his well-being.
☞Nios कक्षा 10व़ी, डेटा एन्ट्री के महत्वपूर्ण प्रश्न उत्तर के लिए: – क्लिक करें!
Q 40- What is a therapeutic diet? What five points would you consider while planning meals for a diarrhoea patient.
A therapeutic diet is a type of diet that is specifically designed to meet the nutritional needs of individuals who have specific health conditions or illnesses. The goal of a therapeutic diet is to promote healing, prevent complications, and improve overall health.
When planning meals for a diarrhoea patient, here are five points to consider:
- Fluids: Diarrhoea can lead to dehydration, so it is important to ensure that the patient is drinking enough fluids. Offer small, frequent sips of water, clear soups, or broths throughout the day. Avoid sugary drinks and caffeine, as they can worsen diarrhoea.
- Fiber: Foods that are high in fiber, such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, can help to bulk up stools and reduce diarrhoea. However, it is important to introduce fiber gradually to avoid worsening diarrhoea.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that can help to restore the natural balance of bacteria in the gut. Yogurt and other fermented foods are good sources of probiotics and can help to reduce diarrhoea.
- Avoid fatty and greasy foods: Foods that are high in fat can be difficult to digest and can worsen diarrhoea. Avoid fried foods, fatty meats, and rich desserts.
- Small, frequent meals: Instead of large, heavy meals, offer the diarrhoea patient small, frequent meals throughout the day. This can help to reduce the workload on the digestive system and improve digestion.
Q 41 – Compare the washing and drying of white and colored cotton clothes at home. Give four tips to store them.
Method of washing white and colored cotton clothes –
- Colored cotton clothes should never be soaked for a long time, otherwise they leave their color after washing and start looking old.
- Use pure water before washing white clothes.
- Use mild detergent to wash white clothes.
- Do not use Guna water while washing white clothes, as it definitely has a negative effect on their clothes.
Methods of drying white and colored cotton clothes –
- The white color shows up well in sunlight and also retains the color of the fabric.
- When drying white clothes, spread them out so that they dry evenly.
- Remove the residual water from the white clothes before drying them. This increases the protection of the fabric and dries the fabric quickly.
- Colored clothes should never be dried in direct sunlight for too long. This weakens the threads of the cloth.
- Colored clothes should always be dried in the shade. Their color gets affected by sunlight and they get faded soon.
Four tips for storing white and colored clothes
- Never store colored clothes in moist places. Never store colored clothes with wet clothes.
- After pressing colored clothes, always wrap them in cotton cloth or paper and keep them in the wardrobe.
- Keeping white clothes separately will prevent them from getting colored by other clothes. So try to keep them separate.
- Some disinfectants such as impure soda bicarbonate and salt can be used to store white clothes. Keep these substances in the clothing storage area.
- Keep white clothes stored in the cupboard. Keep them in a dry and clean place.
Q 42 – Explain any three characteristics of resources with the help of an example each. Suggest six ways of maximizing satisfaction from the resources.
Characteristics of resources
- Resources are economically viable.
- Some resources are limited and some resources are available in unlimited quantities.
- It is a free gift provided by nature to man.
- They fulfill the needs of man.
Ways to increase satisfaction derived from resources –
- Identifying all available resources.
- Use of resources in proper quantity.
- In place of more expensive resources, cheap resources should be purchased.
- To develop the habit of increasing the use of resources.
- Making good use of cheap and limited resources.
- Use, reduce, reuse and recycle so that you get maximum satisfaction from the use of resources.
Q 43 – Many people have lost their jobs during this epidemic. Suggest six ways the family members can manage their resources and reduce their expenses.
Ways to manage resources
- Develop a Resource Management Plan: Create a plan that outlines how you will manage your resources, including how you will allocate them, monitor their use, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Prioritize your resources: Determine which resources are most important to achieving your goals and allocate them accordingly.
- Monitor resource usage: Regularly monitor how your resources are being used and adjust your allocations as needed.
- Continually evaluate and improve: Regularly evaluate your resource management practices and look for ways to improve and optimize them.
Six ways to reduce their expenses
- Create a budget: Start by creating a budget that includes all sources of income and all necessary expenses. This will help you to prioritize your spending and make sure that you are living within your means.
- Don’t spend unnecessarily: Take a hard look at your expenses and identify any that are unnecessary or can be reduced. This could include things like eating out, cable TV, or gym member ships.
- Avoid show off – this is also a great way to reduce expenses, as in the current era of internet, people increase their expenses to some extent to put their best photos and get likes from only 4 people. Let’s give Never spend to show off your money to the people around you.
- Avoid taking loan- Today most of the people buy big things like car, bungalow or expensive mobile only by taking loan and some of them are such that those who do not even need those things still buy them. Due to the loan, we have to pay EMI every month, interest has to be paid on that loan amount and due to this our budget gets spoiled and sometimes due to money problem, we do not pay EMI on time. And due to this the financial pressure on us increases.
- Stop eating outside – Some people are very fond of eating outside and that is why they prefer to eat their food mostly outside and because of this their expenses increase; Eating out once in a while is fine, but if someone eats outside food every other day, it will not only increase their expenses but will also affect their health. Therefore, if a little restriction is imposed on eating outside things, then it will be easy to reduce the expenditure.
- Control of expenses is necessary – In such a time, it is necessary to control your expenses for financial management. So reduce spending habits, make a strict budget. Categorize all your expenses into essential and non-essential categories. Prioritize expenses like groceries, rent and utilities. Unnecessary expenses like eating out, sightseeing and buying luxury items should be avoided. Also, one way to reduce basic expenses is to move to a cheaper rental house, as a major part of the salary goes towards rent and electricity bills.
Q 44 – Markings and labels on fabrics and garments are important consumer aids. Explain their significance with the help of examples.
Answer – Printing and labeling on clothes and apparel play a significant role in the fashion industry. They are important for various reasons:
Importance of printing and labels on clothes and apparel
- Brand Identity: Printing and labeling help to establish the brand identity of a clothing or apparel company. They help to promote the company’s logo, tagline, and other branding elements, which in turn helps to create brand recognition and loyalty.
- Product Information: Labels on clothes provide important information about the product, such as its size, material, care instructions, and country of origin. This information helps the consumer to make an informed purchase decision.
- Compliance: Clothing labels are also required by law in many countries. These labels must include specific information, such as fiber content, country of origin, and care instructions, to comply with safety and consumer protection laws.
- Quality Control: Labels on clothes and apparel also help to ensure quality control. They help to identify the manufacturer, the date of production, and other details that can be used to track and monitor the quality of the product.
- Fashion Statement: Printing and labeling on clothes can also be used to make a fashion statement. They can be used to display designs, graphics, and messages that reflect the wearer’s personality, interests, or beliefs.
Overall, printing and labeling on clothes and apparel are crucial for both the manufacturer and the consumer. They help to promote brand identity, provide important product information, comply with legal requirements, ensure quality control, and make a fashion statement.
Q 45 – Plan a low-cost balanced lunch for a pregnant woman. What four factors would you keep in mind while planning this meal?
Answer – Lunch for pregnant women
- Chapatis – 3
- Fenugreek potato curry – 2 bowls
- Urad Dal – 1 big bowl
- Salad – half a plate
Things to keep in mind while planning a pregnant woman diet
- Variety of nutrients: A pregnant woman should include adequate variety of nutrients in her diet. This should include proteins, fruits, vegetables, grains and milk.
- Avoid certain foods: Pregnant women need iodine and vitamin A, but too much iodine and vitamin A should be avoided. These can be harmful for soon-to-be pregnant women.
- Avoid certain foods: Pregnant women need iodine and vitamin A, but too much iodine and vitamin A should be avoided. These can be harmful for soon-to-be pregnant women.
- Eat frequent meals: Pregnant women should eat at least three meals a day, in which snacks can be included from time to time.
- Milk intake: Pregnant women should consume sufficient amount of milk. It is very important for the development of the child.
Overall, a healthy and balanced diet during pregnancy is essential for both the mother and baby’s health and well-being. By keeping these factors in mind, a pregnant woman can plan a diet that provides all the necessary nutrients for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
☞Nios class 12th political science most important question with answer : CLICK HERE
Q 46 – “Improper habits of people lead to environment degradation.” Support this statement with the help of six examples.
Answer – “Environmental degradation can have many negative consequences for both humans and the planet. Some of the major effects of environmental degradation include:
- The two main causes of environmental degradation are overpopulation and urbanization by human activities.
- Some other reasons are due to deforestation and soil erosion.
- Human beings often misuse the environment to further their selfishness.
- Due to this, dangerous gases are formed in the atmosphere and the temperature of the planet increases, which is called global warming.
- Global warming further leads to the melting of the ice caps, which causes flooding in many areas.
- All these environmental issues are interlinked and ultimately lead to environmental degradation.
Nios class 12th home science to watch full video of this subject –CLICK HERE
Q 47 – Explain any three techniques of fabric construction in your own words.
Answer –Fabric construction methods also influence the appearance, properties and performance of the fabric. In this lesson you will learn about this aspect of fabrics.
1.Weaving: Weaving is a method of fabric construction where two sets of yarns or threads, the warp and the weft, are interlaced at right angles to form a fabric. The warp threads are held taut on a loom, while the weft threads are woven through the warp threads using a shuttle or a needle. This creates a stable, tightly woven fabric with a regular pattern of interlocking threads.
2.Knitting: Knitting is a method of fabric construction where a single yarn or thread is looped through itself to create a series of interlocking loops. These loops are then pulled through each other to form a fabric. Knitting can be done by hand or by machine, and it creates a stretchy, soft fabric with a slightly uneven texture.
3.Braided Fabrics: Braided fabrics are created in a fashion similar to braiding of hair. These fabrics are mainly used to make trimmings and shoe laces.
Q 48 – Mohini wants to cook healthy meals at low cost. Guide her with eight suggestions.
- Lentils and rice: Lentils and rice are cheap and healthy food. You can also include vegetables with dal rice which also adds a healthy element to your meal.
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables: Fresh fruits and vegetables are healthy and nutritious and are also inexpensive. You can get various nutrients for your body by including them in your diet.
- Vegetarian food: Vegetarian food is healthy and cheap. You can include vegetarian food like pulses, vegetables, fruits, nuts etc. in your diet.
- Use seasonal produce: Seasonal produce is often cheaper and tastier than out-of-season produce. Buy fruits and vegetables that are in season and plan your meals around them.
- Use of sprouted pulses – By sprouting moong dal and gram, the amount of protein and other nutrients increases.
- Choose food items according to the budget like dry fruits are more expensive, so instead of it you can use peanuts, and instead of meat and fish, you can use pulses and legumes.